Heeeeyyy, I’m back and baking healthy muffins!
Just like scrapbooking I keep meaning to get back into documenting my Friday night baking sessions! Not because I get paid (remind me to look into this further) but because I need a hobby! I feel as though my TV friends are taking over my entire night life – as if I have a night life! But seriously, I need something ok? These healthy chocolate banana muffins are really good. Not “I’m on weight watchers good” Legitimately good!
The muffins require oat flour, an ingredient I always thought I had to buy. I’m telling you the knowledge I could grind old fashioned oats into flour in less than a minute was MIND BLOWING! Just run the oats in a food processor until they look like flour. So easy!
- 1 cup of banana's, about 3 - you know that whole bag of banana's in your freezer? Those ones.
- ¼ cup -1/3 brown sugar depending how ripe your bananas are
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup unsweetened Apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ salt
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder.
- Throw in a few mini chocolate chips for good luck
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line muffin tins with paper liners. I usually end up
- with 10
- Using your stand mixer or in a large bowl combine all the wet ingredients with the brown sugar and get them all smooth.
- Add in the dry and mix until just combined.
- Divide into the muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.