Sunday, my most loved/hated day. Things like meal planning, laundry, prepping school lunches and that dreaded trip to the grocery store plague me every week on this day. On the other hand it’s past noon, I’m eating one of these biscuits in my pj’s and I’ve just received an invite for dinner at my parents house. Score!
I had cream puffs in mind when making these but they’re definitely more a biscuit texture so I’ve renamed them and deemed them breakfast. Sometimes things just work out for the best.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- ¾ cup light cream or milk
- Sugar and icing sugar for dusting.
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425, line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine dry ingredients in a food processor. Process butter until crumbly. Add to a large bowl and make a well. Pour in the milk or cream and stir until just combined. Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured counter and knead a few times. Roll out the dough to 1 inch thickness. Using a glass or biscuit cutter, make 10 circles.
- Place the circles on the baking sheet, brush with milk or cream, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 12-14 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack
- While baking, rinse the blueberries. Add the sugar and juice. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whip the cream with icing sugar. Gently fold in vanilla. Refrigerate
- To assemble, split the biscuits and layer with whipped cream and blueberry mixture and replace the top. Dust with icing sugar and serve