I recently read an exciting article on the Crosby website called “Sweet Dreams Cookie Contest” Two of my favorite things just happen to be sleeping and cookies so I knew this was meant to be! I decided to get straight to work coming up with something both nostalgic and delicious. I thought back to my childhood and a few things came to mind. Chocolate chip cookies and banana bread! I combined the two and a new favorite was born. The Crosby Fancy Molasses pairs well with the subtle banana bread flavor and of course the chocolate brings them over the top!
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small ripe mashed banana, about ⅓ cup
- ¼ cup Crosby Fancy Molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the banana, molasses, egg and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and slowly incorporate with the butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoons on to prepared sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
This cookie is entered in the EatInEatOut Christmas in July Cookie Contest!