Run to your pantry, grab that box of pancake mix and toss it! Run like the wind! Well go ahead and use it up first. Wasting food is such a shame.
I can almost guarantee you won’t go back to a mix after whipping up a batch of these pancakes. They’re light, fluffy and oh so good!
Recently I found a stash of baking emulsions on one of my solo shopping trips, aka mini vacation. I didn’t know they existed but I’m sure glad I do now! They create the most delicious smell while I’m flipping away at the griddle. If you haven’t tried emulsions check them out!
It’s a mad rush to get these to the table. You can speed up the process by combining the dry ingredients ahead of time. Ready, set, breakfast for dinner!
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp banana emulsion or extract
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- Syrup, whipped cream and bananas for serving
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In another bowl whisk together the egg, oil and extract. Stir in the buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients in with the dry and stir until combined.
- Preheat a pan or griddle over medium heat and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, place the batter onto the pan and cook for about a minute on each side.