Spring has sprung or so I’ve heard. Around here we’re in the negative temperatures over night, wind is still whipping my hair around and the boots have not been put away quite yet. I’m making the most of it by indulging in comfort recipes. If I can’t wear tank tops I’m sure going to eat about it!
Here’s another dinner I turn to for busy nights since some of the prep can be done the night before. You can have this soup ready in no time, which is great for
when you literally have no time.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 russet potatoes, baked and peeled
- 1¼ cup milk divided
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheese, extra bacon and chives for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Cook onions over medium heat until soft. Add in the chicken stock. Place one potato in the soup and mash it slightly with a fork.
- Dice the other potato and add to the soup
- Combine flour and ¼ cup milk in a small bowl. Whisk to combine well. Stir the flour mixture into the soup and cook until thickened.
- Add the rest of the milk, sour cream, salt, pepper and bacon. Heat through and serve.