It’s Friday, hooray!
I’ve got some travel coming up for work next week so this weekend will consist of staying home and doing as little as possible. After our busy week I just want to park the car, get in something stretchy and not reappear to the outside world until Monday. Of course I have something chocolatey planned for my escape from reality!
For your convenience I have taken this recipe and cut it in half. Trust me it’s not wise to have a full blown version of this lying around tempting you at every pass.
If you’re willing to share, then by all means double it up, these go fast! It might have something to do with their chewy oat base or creamy fudge filling.
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups oats
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 inch pan with cooking spray
- Make the fudge. In a small pot over medium heat combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Stir until melted and set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture into the prepared pan. Add a layer of fudge and finish with the rest of the oat base dropped by spoonfuls.
- Bake for 25 minutes.