Do you have a meal you could eat over and over? This orange sesame chicken salad is it for me. Odd I know! Given that I’m all about the cake and chocolate I find it strange that lettuce on a plate would ever make an appearance on my all time favorite list. The lettuce is really just a vehicle for the noodles and sauce though.
With only four ingredients, I don’t think this sauce could get any easier or any tastier! When that sesame oil hits the heat it smells soooo good!
- salad mix
- ½ cup vermicelli or rice sticks
- ½ cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tbsp orange marmalade
- 3 tbsp thick teriyaki sauce
- 2-3 dashes of sesame oil
- water to thin
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook noodles as directed on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a frying pan combine the marmalade and teriyaki sauce over medium heat.
- Thin the sauce with a teaspoon or two of water and add the sesame oil.
- Toss the cooked chicken in and heat through.
- Plate the salad and top with the noodles.
- Pour the chicken and sauce over the noodles and garnish with sesame seeds.