Alert! Boxed mix ahead!
I assure you, I can make brownies from scratch but sometimes when I’m running around like a crazy person all week those mixes just speak to me!
We’re heading out this weekend, camping for the first time this season. I don’t know about you but when I camp all bets are off. I want chips, cookies, chocolate – anything I can get my hands on really.
For this weekend of overeating I chose to make cheesecake brownies! In order to get my cookie quota in there I added smashed up Oreos to both layers. The cookies just melt right into the batter while it bakes making them extra gooey. Totally lawn chair, pajama pants worthy.
- 1 brownie mix prepared as directed
- 10 oreo cookies, divided
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325. Prepare the brownie mix as directed.
- Using the empty brownie bag, crush the oreos or just use your hands to break them up. Stir half the cookies into the batter and spread it out into an 8 inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined. Fold in the rest of the broken cookies.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter and swirl in lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 50 minutes.