I call these Restaurant style because they taste exactly like the appetizer I order when we go out for dinner. Woooeee I get excited when I can recreate things at home! No one here raises an eyebrow when I casually double the portion size.
The recipe for the crab filling will easily make 30 stuffed Mushrooms. Since it’s only us adults that enjoy Mushrooms, I freeze half of the filling. Which is another reason to get excited. Prep once, eat twice!
- 30 Mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded extra sharp white cheddar
- 1 120 g can crab meat, drained
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra shredded cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place the mushrooms upside down in an oven proof dish.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the filling.
- Using a teaspoon, generously fill each mushroom cap with the crab and cheese mixture.
- Top with a little more grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the Mushrooms sit for 10 minutes before serving.