We’re back from our whirlwind trip to Vancouver and proud new owners of a Motorhome! Now to unpack and get back to the daily routine. I found myself buried in laundry which happens to be beside our freezer. Crossing my fingers I opened it – please oh please have something in there. Anything that will make my first dinner back to reality just a little easier! Well, well pat on the back goes to me. All that extra cooking and portioning out into freezer bags pays off! I found a bag of cooked ground beef so Lasagna it was. This version is one of my favorites. It’s extra thick and creamy with a ricotta cheese and spinach layer. I used the oven ready noodles to cut down on even more prep time.
Alright, If you need me I’ll be in laundry land!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 1 tub (500ml) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9 oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 large jar of spaghetti sauce
- ½ pound cooked ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for a minute. Add the spinach; saute until wilted. Remove from heat and place in a food processor to cool slightly. Add the ricotta, egg and salt to the food processor and pulse until smooth. In another bowl add the spaghetti sauce, ground beef and water.
- Spread a little bit of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Layer with three lasagna noodles and some of the spinach mixture. Repeat twice more ending with sauce and the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking another 10-15 minutes until the cheeses is golden brown.