Well hello strawberry tarts where have you been all my life? That’s exactly what I said as I stole another one of these beauties from under the glass dome. No one saw me, it doesn’t count!
I got looking around today and noticed part bags of this and half bricks of that cluttering my fridge and pantry. I seem to be a bit of a half used food hoarder! This weekend will be dedicated to cleaning up my act and creating something tasty out of all the things I have lying around. Starting with these strawberry cream tarts!
- 12 tart shells
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup whipping cream, whipped
- ⅔ cups water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (3 oz) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lb strawberries cleaned and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the shells for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Whip the cream and fold gently into the cream cheese mixture. Divide evenly among the tart shells. Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring the water to a boil and stir in the sugar, gelatin and cornstarch until dissolved
- Add the strawberries to the gelatin mixture. Place the pot in an ice bath to cool down to room temperature.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture over the tarts and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.