It’s that time again, clean out the fridge night. I’m being bombarded by containers and packages! I meant to make so many things over the weekend but the heat got the better of me. It’s been hotter than hot lately and I’m sure we’re setting records here! Today was no cooler but for the sake of all these ingredients I figured I better get something on the go. Opening the fridge I had some breakfast sausage rounds, mushrooms, and a big bag of spinach literally falling out at me. Ok, ok, I choose you!
This baked spaghetti comes together in no time with just a quick broil in the oven. Covering anything with cheese is guaranteed to go over well at the table.
- 200 g Spaghetti
- 1 375 g package sausage rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small package white mushrooms
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Boil water in a large pot. Add the spaghetti and cook as directed.
- In a large frying pan, break up sausage rounds and cook through. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil and saute the mushrooms until golden brown. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti and place it back in the large pot. Stir in the marinara sauce, sausage and vegetables. Heat through.
- Place the spaghetti in an oven proof baking dish.
- Cover with cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbling.