It’s finally the end of the week and I’ve been eating salads the whole time! I’ve been trying hard to be good since my holidays are coming up. Buuuut I know if I don’t treat myself here and there, things get ugly! I better get some sugar in asap.
I’m no stranger to making chocolate chip cookies or cheesecakes but never together. Why have I not thought of this sooner? I see a trend starting. I made a caramel stuffed skillet cookie not too long ago. Now my mind is on overdrive thinking of other delicious combinations!
These Cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars are best made in an 8X8 dish. For the top layer you’ll want to pat the remaining dough out and place it on top of the cheesecake layer. The dough spreads out while baking so a few gaps won’t be an issue.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars. Add the vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Press half the cookie batter in an 8 inch baking dish.
- Pour the cheesecake batter evenly over top.
- Gather the remaining cookie batter and roll or pat out small pieces and place gently on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This cookie is entered in the EatInEatOut Christmas in July Cookie Contest!