Feeling hot hot hot! It’s Canada Day and the frozen North I call home is smokin’ hot today! A day off in the middle of the week is messing with me. It feels like Saturday and it’s going to be a rude awakening when I have to go back to work tomorrow. For today though, I’ll be lounging in between laundry loads on my patio with a popsicle in hand!
I went with a red and white theme but you could substitute blueberries for one layer and it would be perfect to celebrate July 4th. Heck, maybe I’ll whip up some more and celebrate on Friday too!
- 1 lb strawberries
- Sugar to taste
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Wash and take the stems off the strawberries. Place in a food processor.
- Sweeten the strawberries as desired.
- Shake the can of coconut well. Pour into a bowl and whisk any solid cream into the liquid.
- Pour half the cream of coconut into the processor with the strawberries and pulse until smooth.
- Add the flaked coconut to the remaining coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Fill the popsicle molds ⅓ full with the strawberry mixture and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Pour the coconut mixture over the partially frozen strawberry layer and freeze another 15 minutes.
- Top the molds with the remaining strawberry mixture. Add the sticks and freeze until firm.