I’ve got big plans for this lemon curd! A nice tall trifle is in the works and this bright lemony sauce will pair beautifully with a layer of crushed strawberries. Stay tuned for that! If you haven’t tried lemon curd now’s the time! It’s great on pancakes or crepes, spooned over yogurt or layered between a coconut cake.
I bought a big bag of organic lemons and went to work squeezing every last drop out! You’ll need 2/3 cup juice, about 4 good sized lemons. Now what to do with the rest?
This curd is thick, rich and a perfect balance of sweet and tart! It gets cooked over a pan of simmering water until it reaches 175 degrees. About five minutes is all it takes!
- 3 oz butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks.
- Stir in the lemon juice. It will look curdled at this point.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk continually until it reaches 175 degrees.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate.