We are only a family of four but because I seem to shop and cook for ten (thanks Mom) I had lots of refrigerated pie dough left over from the Banana Cream Pie I made earlier in the week. Which reminds me, set out a fork for later.
These mini peach pies are so cute and easy to make using a muffin pan. You don’t even need to slice the peaches. Just peel, cut them in half and toss the pit.
For the rounds I measured 5 inches for the bottom and 3 inches for the top. For me it was a cereal bowl and a juice glass. Whatever works!
- Refrigerated pastry dough or recipe for Double pie crust
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Unwrap pastry dough and cut four 5 inch circles and four 3 inch circles.
- Line a muffin tin with the larger circles. Place a half peach in each bottom cut side up
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over each peach half.
- Dot each pie with ½ tsp of butter.
- Place the smaller circles of dough on top and seal the edges. Pierce the top with a knife.
- Whisk the egg and water and brush over the top of each pie.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in the muffin pan before running a knife gently under each pie to loosen.
Canned peach halves would work well if fresh peaches are unavailable.