My favorite brownie mix makes another appearance! I buy it in a five pack, you’ll most likely see it again and again. If I’m being honest here, I don’t think I’ll go back to scratch brownies. The number one reason being I’m lazy like that! If I find something I love and it requires little to no effort, I’m all over it. I still haven’t found a recipe that compares in taste or texture either. If you have a brownie recipe that’s “the best ever” or “ate a whole pan” worthy, forward it on to me. I’ll give it a go! For now, I’m sticking to my Costco five pack. It’s such a good base and holds up to all kinds of additions. I mixed in Oreo cookies in these brownies but the possibilities are endless!
I needed a peanut butter fix so this time I added in peanut butter chips and topped the whole pan off with some peanut butter frosting and finished off with some grated chocolate. Layers are fun!
- 1 package Ghirardelli brownie mix, prepared as directed. Any mix can be substituted.
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- grated chocolate
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix, add in the peanut butter chips and bake as directed.
- Let the brownies cool completely before frosting.
- Combine the butter and peanut butter. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled brownies and grate the chocolate on top.
- Refrigerate until the frosting has firmed up, making cutting easier.