Like I said before, I have a lot of pumpkin puree in the cupboard. Lucky for me there are four of us in the house on team pumpkin. The kids and I planted one over at my parents house in the spring that’s supposed to turn out a nice blue color. We were all relieved the recent snow didn’t freeze the poor thing. It’s just little! What do you make with a blue pumpkin anyway?
Some of my regular old orange pumpkin plans include pancakes, pancakes with chocolate chips, scones and of course our favorite pumpkin pie x 5!
I’ve already made about 10 pumpkin spiced lattes so I needed to change it up! Now I’m on to the pumpkin spiced frappe. Really easy to make when you have perfectly portioned ice cubes ready in the freezer.
- 1 cup double strength coffee
- 3-4 tbsp brown sugar to taste
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup milk
- Brew the coffee and pour into a bowl. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add the pumpkin puree and spice blend. Stir until combined.
- Pour the coffee mixture evenly into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze until solid.
- To serve, place 4 coffee ice cubes into a blender.
- Add the milk and blend until smooth.