This at home version has pumpkin puree in the latte! It wasn’t really that surprising to read the starbucks latte doesn’t have any. I don’t remember ever seeing any cans lying around behind the counter.
I buy the large cans of pumpkin for baking because I cannot buy the small version of anything. I’m still trying to figure out my need to cook for 10. No matter the recipe I’m always left with a bit in the fridge. Perfect for making a pumpkin spiced latte.
You don’t need any fancy equipment. I used my Keurig to make the espresso. Double strength coffee would also work well. The sugar and spice blend can be customized to really make it your own. Now you just need to decide. Whip…
I choose the whipped cream every time. We have a saying in our family when it comes to food. We don’t judge.
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup espresso
- Whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice. Optional for topping.
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine the pumpkin, spice blend, vanilla and sugar. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in the milk and stir until heated to desired temperature.
- Meanwhile make the espresso and pour into a large mug.
- Using a hand blender, blend the milk until frothy.
- Pour milk mixture over the espresso.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of additional pie spice.