Show of hands who overate this weekend.
Both my arms are waving wildly over my head. Me! You name it, I ate it. Muffins, smokies, chips, cookies, the list goes on. I won’t even get into the beverages consumed. Something about camping makes me feel as if I can eat whatever I want and make that two of everything!
When I got home I knew I had to whoa hold it on dinner. In ten minutes I had these zucchini pizza bites whipped up with a salad on the side. This little recipe only takes a few ingredients and hopefully balances out a few cookies!
- 1 small zucchini
- Italian seasoning
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozza cheese
- Cut the zucchini into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook the zucchini slices for 2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Transfer the slices to a baking sheet.
- Top each slice with pizza sauce and mozza cheese.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted.