Whenever I make Pots de Crème I think back to when my brother used to work at McDonalds and customers would ask for Fajitas, loudly pronouncing the J.
Whatever happened to those fajita wraps? Why you gotta go and take all my favorites away McDonalds?
Doesn’t Pots de Crème sound fancy? But they’re so simple to make. Five ingredients and all of five minutes. It’s a great make ahead dessert for company or just lounging around on a Friday night – which is more our speed. I usually whip this up at night and let it set overnight in the fridge. Think cheesecake. The longer the better!
This stuff is super rich so one batch will easily be enough for 6 people.
Toss everything in a blender.
Add the hot coffee and pour into serving dishes. Let them chill out in the fridge while they set up.
Add some whipped cream if you want and grab a spoon.
- 350g - 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp Kahlua
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup - 8 oz very hot coffee. I used Kahlua flavor but regular if fine
- In a blender or food processor combine the chocolate chips, eggs, vanilla, kahlua and salt. Cover and blend until it's combined and the chips are broken up into small pieces.
- Brew the coffee and pour it in a steady stream into the blender while the machine is running.
- When the mixture is combined and smooth pour into glasses, jars or whatever you have available.
- Let them cool and set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.