It’s clean out the fridge and freezer time again! I have the following things in abundance:
Pears, Puff Pastry and a huge bag of Pecans. I cannot be stopped once I hit Costco.
I went ahead with these pear and pecan turnovers. They’re so simple to make yet look like they came straight out of a bakery!
One puff pastry box down, four to go.
- 1 package puffed pastry
- 1 pear
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp flour
- pinch of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 egg and a splash of water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment
- Peel and dice the pear.
- Combine the pecans, brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add the diced pears and toss to combine.
- Roll out the pastry into large squares.
- Cut each square diagonally so you're left with 4 triangles.
- Divide the pear filling evenly among the pastry. Add a ½ tsp of butter to each turnover.
- Fold over and crimp down the edges with a fork.
- Whisk the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash over each triangle.
- Place the turnovers on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.