Fries! I love them any way you throw them at me. Straight, curly, crinkle, sweet – doesn’t matter. These days I can’t get enough of the thick-cut oven fries. So when it was the kids turn to choose dinner – Burgers! I knew I’d be making these guys to go on the side. Sometimes I have to wonder if they realize there’s more out there than burgers, tacos and spaghetti. They say hi by the way and are super excited that our fries are on the computer right now. “I ate those!”
You can fancy them up with any spices you have on hand but we usually just go with a bit of salt. Grab the ketchup and watch how fast these disappear!
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees with the baking sheet in the oven to get it hot.
- Slice the potatoes in half. Then slice each half into 6 pieces.
- Place all the slices in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and salt.
- Once the oven is preheated, take the baking sheet out (remember the gloves!) and coat it lightly with cooking spray.
- Spread the potatoes out into a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake another 15-20 minutes.