The weather is frightful in the frozen north so we’re staying in tonight and watching a movie under blankets!
Of course we need snacks for this so I’ve got the popcorn ready to go and made this cute little apple pie that serves four perfectly.
It only uses two apples so you can have them sliced and ready to hit the oven before it even finishes preheating!
- 1 roll refrigerated pie crust
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out the pastry sheet to increase the size. Cut in half and line a small baking dish. Reserve the rest for the top.
- Place the sugars, flour, cinnamon and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples and toss in the sugar mixture.
- Place all apples in the baking dish.
- Break up the butter into small pieces and place over top of the apples.
- Pour the whipping cream evenly over the apples.
- Lay the remaining pastry on top of the apples and pinch the edges to seal.
- Pierce the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 and continue baking for 30 minutes.
The measurements on this baking dish are 6×8