Our Elves paid us a visit last night and dropped a big hint. Clearly they wanted us to make cookies! Imagine their surprise climbing in to find an empty cookie jar. Shame on me! It’s December, that thing should be filled to the max!
We all like mint so we quickly grabbed our aprons and went to work making these mint chocolate chip cookies. Super soft, fluffy and just the right hint of mint. I used some peppermint extract and mint flavored chips and added a few drops of green food coloring. It’s up to you how green they turn out.
This recipe makes 24 cookies. A dozen to keep and a dozen to give away. Tis the season!
- ½ cup butter, softed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ tsp peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, extract and food coloring and mix until the color is fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tarter and salt.
- Once fully combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into small balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.