Rich chocolate brownies with a coconut and almond filling, covered with chocolate ganache.
Heyyyy high five, it’s the weekend!
I’ve been eating oatmeal and salad all week trying to get ready for our trip across the border. I lost two pounds so now it’s time to celebrate with brownies! And that is why I’ll be on Weight Watchers for life. I lose a few pounds and automatically go for chocolate! Although with WW you do get those precious flex points so all 49 of mine will be allocated to these almond joy brownies. Probably in one sitting. That’s why I’ve stuck with it for so long. Any plan that allows cake is a plan for me!
To make these super easy I used my last Costco pack of Ghirardelli brownie mix. Added a creamy layer of coconut filling and topped with roasted almonds.
Then covered the whole thing in chocolate ganache.
You could certainly use a homemade brownie base like this recipe but if you have a mix lying around taunting you from the pantry, why not?
- Brownie mix, prepared as directed and cooled.
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Roasted almonds
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and cool the brownies. I used a 9 inch square pan
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine the condensed milk and coconut. Slowly add the powdered sugar on low speed.
- Spread the coconut mixture over the brownies. Wet fingers work best!
- Top with almonds.
- Heat the cream and butter over low-medium heat. Add the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is fully melted. Cool slightly.
- Pour the chocolate over the coconut and almonds. Cover and refrigerate.