I’ve been meaning to try the coconut whipped cream trend for so long! In true form I waited at least a year after it was initially cool. If you haven’t tried it yet let me tell you how it goes. Shake the can of coconut cream, stick it in the fridge overnight and whip it as you would normal whipped cream. Simple as that! I found the can in the International grocery section of Walmart for under 2 dollars!
Because it’s the weekend and Valentines day, I added some chocolate to create a super easy 2 ingredient chocolate mousse. A can of coconut cream and good quality chocolate is all you need. Dusting them with cocoa and powdered sugar is optional but so pretty!
You can also be all fancy and pipe them in serving dishes or just eat it from the mixing bowl (guilty)
- 1 - 14oz can coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate. I used 65%. Semi sweet or bittersweet will also work.
- cocoa and powdered sugar for dusting on top. Optional
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring frequently. Let the chocolate cool while you prepare the coconut cream.
- Place the cream in a large bowl and whip for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the cooled melted chocolate until fully combined.
- Spoon into serving bowls and chill at least 2 hours.
- Optional - Dust with cocoa powder and powdered sugar.