Wooooeeee that was a long week! So happy it’s finally Friday! I’m on summer vacation countdown though so time tends to slow down to a screeching halt during the waiting period.
Trevor and I are on our own tonight. Which doesn’t happen too often! My mom is awesome and taking the kids camping overnight in her motorhome. They were sure to give her a mile long list of food items that must be present. I’m pretty sure the kids have my bad habit of wanting to eat anything and everything while camping. Chips, check. Ice cream, check.
While they’re away we’re going out for sushi and to watch the new movie Pixels. Early show of course, let’s not get too crazy! First we’ll make a pit stop at the dollar store for peanut butter cups and smuggle them in. Relax theater employees! We’ll still buy the twenty dollar popcorn and diet pepsi! Just like camping, I must also snack hard at the theater.
When we get home, the big plans will be as always – pj’s, couch and some drinks. Give me my wine, it’s been a long week on weight watchers! I also wanted something sweet in the fridge for the weekend so I made these no bake coconut cream cheesecakes. They’re so easy and if it’s hotter than hot weather wise, these are for you!! The coconut is the only thing that requires a bit of oven time, four minutes to be exact to get it toasted. But you could skip that part all together.
I made this recipe strictly based on a new pastry tip I bought from Amazon. I saw it used on Instagram to frost some cupcakes and had to have it pronto! I normally use the Wilton 1M tip but this is by far my favorite. The swirl is so big and fluffy!! Also note-able, leftovers squeezed right into mouth works well.
How many cheesecakes you end up with will depend on what size glass you’re filling. I got six 2 oz shot glasses and one 8oz glass. 20 oz in total. Trevor and I will have to be all romantic and share the big one…
Oh man, I could barely get through typing that without laughing! We are so not that couple. Separate couches, separate spoons!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the cheesecakes.
You should probably always have these ingredients on hand so you can whip this up anytime in less than 10 minutes!
All you do is grab some graham crumbs and melted butter, put them in the bottom of the glass, whip up the filling, spoon or pipe it on top then sprinkle with some toasted coconut. Super easy!
Ok, gotta run – peanut butter cups to secure! Have a great weekend!
- ½ cup graham crumbs
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 box (4 serving size) Instant vanilla pudding
- ½ cup cream of coconut
- ½ cup milk
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- additional coconut, toasted to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toast the coconut on a baking sheet for 4 minutes. Watch closely at the end - it will turn on you and burn in seconds!
- Combine the graham crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and stir until it looks sandy. Spoon the mixture evenly into glasses or small bowls.
- Meanwhile combine the pudding mix, cream of coconut and milk. Stir and place in the fridge.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the pudding mixture until well combined then fold in the flaked coconut.
- Spoon or pipe the filling evenly between the serving containers.
- Store in the fridge. The filling will set up nicely once chilled for a few hours.
This post contains an affiliate link for the piping tip.