Time to clean out the fridge!
Tonight I used up some green onions and garlic I got in my last Farm Bound box to make Cashew Chicken. It’s always stocked with the best fruit and vegetables. I’m feeling pretty lucky to be able to go grab a new one every other week!
Cashew Chicken will make you feel like you’ve ordered take-out but it arrives much faster and without doubt, a lot healthier! Plus it only uses a few ingredients.
I used rice noodles with our dinner but any noodle or rice would work just fine! If you have any left over steamed vegetables, toss those in too.
- 250g package rice stick noodles
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 cup cashews
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- Cook the rice noodles according to package, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine the soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a large pan or wok. Cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and cook over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Add the noodles to the wok and toss together. Pour in the sauce and toss to combine. Add additional soy and a splash of water if the noodles look too dry.
- Stir in the cashews and green onions and cook for 2-3 minutes more.