So, summer is officially over. I’m stuck somewhere in the middle of sad for the loss of hot weather/flip flops and being overly excited for the sweater/jean legging look. Much more flattering right now. Side note: Never did lose last winter’s weight gain.
Until I have a beach trip planned I’m going to eat brownies and lots of them! Because these cherry cheesecake brownies are totally worth that tank top not fitting right!
I started with a base of brownies
Poured the cheesecake layer on and lightly ran a knife through.
Then swirled again with some cherry pie filling.
I told you I had plans for the leftover cream cheese and pie filling. I’ve been waiting all week to make these. All salad filled week! The last time I combined a cheesecake and brownies was my Oreo cheesecake brownies. Equally delicious!
Whichever ones you choose to make, just remember it’s sweater season now. Have two!
- 1 brownie mix, prepared as directed
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line an 8 inch pan with foil. Spray it lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine the brownie mix with ingredients listed on the box and pour into the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over the brownie mix and lightly run a knife through.
- Drop pie filling over top and swirl them in with a knife.
- Bake for 60 minutes. The cheesecake should have a slight jiggle and will set nicely when it cools.
- Once the brownies have cooled for about an hour, refrigerate overnight.