I could have easily named this “Quit being a hoarder” skillet cookie. I went through my baking stash last night to find partial bags everywhere! Plus a bag of marshmallows fell on my head. Time to clean out the cupboards!
I was able to make a small dent in the collection and used up four bags. Any combination will do, just keep it to about 1 1/2 cups total “stuff”
To make it more appealing, I left the m&m candies out of the dough and pressed them on before placing the whole thing in the oven. This also scores major points with the kids. Super colorful – who doesn’t love an m&m?
Skillet cookies are super fast – just smoosh all the dough in and off it goes! The base recipe below is always a winner. Add whatever you like!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups assorted add ins (chocolate chips, m&m's, toffee bits, pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a cast iron pan.
- Cream the butter and sugars. Add the vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
- Press the cookie dough into the pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool before slicing.