Today’s post is sponsored by the lovely folks at Castello Cheese, who are also providing a prize pack to be won!
I was approached with the promise of Bradley Cooper, cheese and a movie date. I’ve listed those in most exciting order for me. I didn’t even need the details before I emailed back “I’m in!” The movie Burnt starring Bradley Cooper is in theaters now and is based on a true story. Basically a story of a bad-boy chef looking for redemption in the kitchen. Look for Castello featured in the movie!
I’ll be giving away a prize pack with movie passes including popcorn and drinks, Castello Brie cheese, olive oil, movie inspired recipe cards and $2o in Castello cheese vouchers too! (Open to Canadian addresses only) Look for that below.
The recipe I chose to make with some of my own cheese vouchers was Pommes Anna with Castello Borgonzola. Castello Borgonzola is a semi-soft ripened cheese that incorporates the smooth, mild flavour of Brie with a dash of sharp Blue throughout. Produced in Canada with 100% milk, Borgonzola is a perfect alternative to Italian Gorgonzola or German Cambozola Cheeses.
Potatoes, Butter and Cheese. It’s a super easy recipe but one I had never made before. This one is fancy enough for company alongside a nice steak and grilled veggies. You can even make it ahead of time which is always a winner in my books!
Check out all the recipes available on the Castello website
- 2.2 lbs waxy potatoes, washed, peeled and very thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup Castello Creamy Blue Cheese, cut into rough cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parley to garnish - optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Generously grease a 9 inch baking dish with 2 tbsp. of melted butter.
- In a medium sauce add the remaining butter with the cheese. Stir over medium heat until the cheese melts.
- Place a layer of potatoes in the pan and pour some of the butter mixture over top. Season with salt and pepper. Continue layering then cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. Warm cut pieces in a 325 degree oven for 15 minutes.