If I don’t see or eat a
part box of Turtles in December it doesn’t feel much like Christmas. So many of my Christmas indicators rely on chocolate. Advent calendars, initials in milk chocolate, a massive Toblerone.
Ever since I made the Turtle cookies I knew I had to make a brownie version. It’s kind of scary how easy the Turtle Cheesecake Brownies came together. Scary like I could make three more batches in no time…
I started with my favorite Ghirardelli brownie mix. I love how Costco sells them in a mega pack!
Then swirled in a cheesecake layer
Added some caramel
Sprinkled some chopped pecans and baked it for an hour.
After it cooled completely I drizzled more caramel over top then melted some chocolate chips with a bit of butter and drizzled that over top.
Hold on January, I’m coming!
- 1 Brownie mix and ingredients (oil, water, egg usually)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup caramel sauce, warmed
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Caramel sauce for drizzle
- ¼ cup chocolate chips + ½ tsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line an 8 inch pan with foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Stir the brownie mix, oil, water and egg. Pour into the pan.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar. Beat on medium scraping the sides down occasionally. Add the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Pour over top of the brownie batter and swirl with a knife.
- Pour the caramel over top and swirl again with a knife. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over top and bake for an hour.
- Cool completely then warm up some caramel and drizzle over top.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the butter and drizzle.
I store our brownies in the fridge.