This week called for something extra good and really easy.
Friday night is going to be spent in my pajamas while watching Netflix and eating loaded brownies. If you do a little search on these brownies you’ll see countless recipes and a sassy name, which I didn’t want to call them. This is a family site! I’m sure my daughter pops in from time to time. Hi Emily! I don’t even think in two years I’ve even written a swear word. I like to leave that for my desk job and driving.
I noticed most “loaded brownies” are layered by cookie dough spread out on the bottom first then oreo cookies and finished with brownie mix over top. I went a different route and layered half the brownie mix, a layer of cookies, the rest of the brownie mix then chopped up some pre-formed pillsbury cookie dough. If that’s not convenience I don’t know what is!
Here are the layers. Brownies mix and cookies…
Then brownie mix and cookie dough.
The brownie mix I use is Ghirardelli. I pick it up at Costco by the 5 pack and it comes with chocolate chunks in the mix. If you’re using one without this would be a good time to use up those partial bags of chocolate chips in the cupboard.
- 1 Brownie mix, prepared as directed.
- 16 double stuffed Oreo cookies
- 6 Pillsbury ready to bake chocolate chunk & chip cookie dough, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line an 8 inch pan with foil. Coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed.
- Pour half the brownie mix in the pan. Top with 16 oreo cookies
- Pour the remaining brownie mix over the cookies and spread to cover evenly.
- Top with chopped cookie dough and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool before slicing and store in an air tight container.