When I see eggnog in stores I instantly think about our favorite movie, Christmas Vacation! Those moose mugs and hilarious scenes make me laugh every year! So much that I had to buy a few of my own while on a weekend getaway.
Here they are in my display cabinet just waiting to be used!
I picked up my first carton of eggnog a few days ago and made eggnog cheesecake bars for the weekend. I’m thinking with this cold weather we’ll be sticking pretty close to home. I also came up with the easiest caramel rum sauce to serve along side. It is the weekend after all!
First I made my trusted cheesecake base but added a pinch of cinnamon and ginger to give it a holiday kick. The filling is smooth and creamy with the addition of eggnog. It’s an easy recipe you can make for yourself, a holiday party or freeze for later in December when everyone is so busy!
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 2 - 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- ¾ cup eggnog
- ¼ cup thick caramel sauce
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tbsp eggnog
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line an 8 inch baking pan with foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the graham crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Add the melted butter and press in the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until fully combined. Lastly pour in the eggnog and mix once more.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over top of the graham crust and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the caramel find your favorite thick sauce and microwave it with the rum and eggnog.
- Serve the cheesecake in slices topped with whipped cream, a pinch of cinnamon and the caramel rum sauce.