Here is the latest salad in my “5 weeks until Spring break, stop eating cookies” saga. I’ll tell you, five years ago it was MUCH easier to lose weight. Why must I measure and fight for every ounce now?! Regardless, this is no sad salad. There’s lots of texture and flavor in this kale salad with feta, pecans and cranberries.
For my dressing I chopped up a small section of shallot and used some flavored vinegar and olive oil. Apple cider vinegar and good ol’ olive oil will be just fine!
Toasting the pecans, always a good idea.
This salad comes together quickly when you use pre washed kale. I roll no other way!
- 1 5oz container of baby kale
- ¼ cup toasted Pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp finely diced shallots
- 1½ tbsp cider vinegar or flavored vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil, see notes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Finely dice the shallot and place in a mason jar with lid or similar container. Add the vinegar, oil and salt and pepper. A good pinch of each should do. Put the lid on and give it a good shake to combine.
- Lightly toast the pecans in a small pan then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the kale in the bowl and add a good amount of the dressing, however much you like. Save the rest of the dressing for another use.
- Add the pecans, cranberries and feta cheese. Toss to combine and serve.