It’s good to be back! My family and I were spring breaking in Las Vegas and it took me over a week to get back to routine. So much laundry! I’m still looking at a bit of snow in my front yard, but the warm sun and wind should take care of it in short order! Easter is only a few weeks away and we don’t want to be egg hunting in rubber boots!
Easter sprinkle cookies are a revamped version of my valentine sprinkle cookies. I admit here that I don’t even really like sprinkles. But fear not, these sprinkles melt right into the super soft cookie. Of course I had to top them with mini eggs! What’s an Easter chocolate binge without them? I think if mini eggs were foil wrapped I’d have a better chance of not shooting them back like a tequila shot. Evil little things!
The cookies are really easy, one bowl, mix mix. You do need to chill them in the fridge before baking so allow some extra time. Top them with colorful sprinkles and a few mini eggs and they’re perfect for Easter!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Mini eggs and sprinkles for topping
- Combine the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and egg.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa, cornstarch and baking soda then add in the sprinkles.
- Form the dough into even sized balls and press them down slightly on a baking sheet. Top with additional sprinkles and 3 mini eggs each.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes then leave them on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
I used Cadbury mini eggs.