With all the holiday hustle and bustle I’ve been looking for no fuss meals this month. I’m really getting into these one pot dinners! Everything cooks in one pot so clean up is a breeze. Who needs a pile of dishes to wash when there’s a pile of presents to wrap! With a only a handful of ingredients you can create a dinner the whole family will love. Lemon Herb Dressing and Marinade creates a nice zing to the chicken and the herb infused broth soaks right into the rice while it’s cooking.
You can find more photos and further info on the Living Litehouse Blog.
Today’s post is sponsored by Litehouse Foods. I have received compensation however opinions and photos are my own.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
- ½ cup Litehouse Lemon Herb Dressing and Marinade
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp Instantly Fresh herbs such as basil, oregano and parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Marinate the chicken in the lemon and herb dressing for at least two hours or overnight.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet. You will need one with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook the chicken until it's browned on one side, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook a minute more. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the rice, chicken broth and herbs into the same sauce pan. Stir to combine.
- Place the chicken back into the rice and add the lemon slices around the pan.
- Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes.