Set dinner in the morning and return home to slow cooker spaghetti sauce.
Just like that we’re back to our regular routine. Work, school, daycare and activities. I have to admit I’m enjoying it. After three weeks worth of Netflix blur and eating whatever, whenever I was so ready to put some good meals on the table! Our actual table. Not the makeshift stools and side tables we used in the living room.
For my forth post with Campbell’s I made the slow cooker spaghetti sauce.
January has been even colder than December with the temperatures hovering around -30 c in the frozen North. Definitely time to break out the slow cooker for some warming meals.
This spaghetti sauce calls for more vegetable than my usual sauce and I for one really appreciated it after the holiday full of chips and dip. Some say potato chips don’t count as vegetables. I file those people under “Not my real friends”
Of course the recipe is also super easy. I got the ingredients ready the night before and turned the slow cooker on the next day.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this meal. Simple to make, easy to love!
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano soup
- ¼ cup (60 mL) tomato paste
- 1 can (796 mL) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 ml) CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Use 30% Less Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried oregano
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Parmesan cheese, grated, if desired
- In a large skillet brown ground beef over medium-high heat until there is no visible pink. Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic and cook for a further 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in soup and tomato paste until combined. Transfer contents of pan to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients (crushed tomatoes, broth, oregano, black pepper and bay leaf) to slow cooker, cover, turn slow cooker to low setting and cook for 6 to 8 hours. Stir to combine, remove the bay leaf and serve with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Disclosure: I am part of the Campbell Company of Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.