This pan from Amazon came in the mail and I just had to try it out. I forgot I even ordered it. It’s like Christmas when that happens!
I’ve made baked mini doughnuts in the past so I knew they would turn out well. I just wanted them to be chocolate this time around.
Baked doughnuts are best eaten when fresh since they tend to dry out sooner than their fried friends. It’s never a problem getting rid of doughnuts right from the oven around here though.
If you have some spare piping bags lying around, they’ll help to fill the pan. You don’t need a tip, just fill the bag and cut the end off.
Squeeze the batter into the circles and bake for 8 minutes. Wait patiently.
Dip them in the glaze, eat a few and have a happy weekend!
- 2 cups cake flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 to 4 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and coat the pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Stir until fully combined.
- Using a piping bag, fill the pan about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Leave the doughnuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before cooling on the rack.
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add the milk and vanilla. Thin with additional milk if needed.
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze and let them set on the cooling rack