New favorite side dish!
Sure, a butternut squash is good with a little salt and pepper but add some garlic, sage and parmesan and wow! I’ve made this a few times already. I pick up a clamshell of prepared butternut squash almost weekly. I think the extra few bucks is worth a potential finger loss in the kitchen. Those things are hard to slice!
I’ve roasted the butternut squash both in the oven and Actifry. I prefer the Actifry just because I can set it and walk away!
I can’t even imagine having squash without parmesan cheese now and wonder why I ate it plain for so long!
- 1 butternut squash peeled and diced into small chunks (or a package already done)
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450
- In a large bowl add the prepared squash. Toss with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and sage.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and softened. Turning the squash half way through cooking time. Check the salt and adjust if necessary.
- Serve the roasted squash with parmesan cheese sprinkled evenly over top.