I went through our liquor cabinet and noticed I had a pretty good collection of Baileys from our camping days so went to work on these Baileys brownies.
It’s my birthday weekend so we’ll be indulging in these, lunch out on the weekend and a movie/popcorn date with the kids. Plus cake. A perfect way to celebrate if you ask me! I foresee a week of sad lettuce eating at my cubicle.
Chocolate topped with more chocolate and both infused with liquor. I used one of my favorite mixes and replaced the water with Baileys and added a generous amount to the ganache topping. Is it possible to get a buzz from brownies? Time will tell. Happy weekend to all!
- Your favorite Brownie mix prepared as directed except replace the water with Baileys. Notes below
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Baileys
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line an 8 inch baking pan with foil. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix and bake as directed. Mine took 40 minutes.
- Once the brownies are cooled, combine the chocolate chips, cream, Baileys and butter in a small sauce pan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Take it off the heat and let it cool. Slightly warm, pourable ganache is what you want.
- Pour the ganache over the brownies and place in the fridge to set.
- Take the brownies out of the fridge 30 minutes prior to serving.