Sweet potatoes, or is that yam? The store sign says yam, restaurants say sweet potato and I’m too lazy to do the research on google! Either way these sweet potato stacks and/or yam stacks are an easy side for dinner.
I have some rosemary growing in the garden this year so I’ve been looking for ways to incorporate more herbs in our meals. A quick chop and toss and these are ready to hit the oven and how convenient that they all fit in a muffin tray!
Slice three large sweet potatoes and add chopped rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Then grate some parmesan because that never hurts.
Stack them up in a muffin tray and bake.
During the last 5-10 minutes grate some more parmesan and sprinkle over top.
We had two stacks each so I would safely say serves six.
Adapted from this recipe
- 3 large sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1 sprig of rosemary, diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Give the rosemary a dice and add to the bowl. Season with salt, pepper and as much parmesan as you like. Toss to combine
- Evenly stack the slices in the muffin baking pan and drizzle olive oil over each stack.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- When they are near ready grate some extra parmesan and sprinkle over top.