It’s been a long time since I’ve posted a recipe! I barely remembered my login and password but I’m getting back into the groove slowly. Super slowly… I only took one picture of the caramel apple cheesecake bars. That’s how rusty I’m feeling. I’m sure I’ll bounce right back once we hit fall routine. For now I’m trying to soak in all the summer sun and outdoor activities. I don’t even want to think about what’s around the corner weather wise. Long live flip flops!
We can sure feel the cool air in the evenings lately which makes me think fall. It has me wanting to grab pj’s with some sort of dessert once we’re inside for the night. Caramel apple cheesecake bars will do the trick this Friday on the couch!
The cheesecake bars start with a graham crust with a classic cheesecake filling topped with cinnamon apples. A streusel topping and drizzle of caramel sauce completes this impressive dessert!
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 2 8oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line an 8 inch pan with parchment or foil
- Combine the graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press on the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile place the cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy, scraping occasionally. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix again until combined. Pour the filling over the cooked base.
- Peel and finely dice the apple and add the sugar and cinnamon. Scatter the apples over the filling.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, oats and butter. Using a pastry knife, fork or your hands combine until crumbly.
- Place evening over the apples and bake the cheesecake for 45 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake is done cool and refrigerate over night.
- Serve the cheesecake bars with caramel sauce drizzled over top.