Even though we’re still loving up our warm Summer days, I can’t stop thinking that Fall is just around the corner. I’m feeling slightly cooler evenings already. Plus I’ve sadly spotted back to school supplies in store. Ignore, ignore! I have to admit that I am looking forward to Fall for strictly food reasons. Fall fairs and carnivals always boast the best food. Especially caramel apples!
“Just here for the food” is definitely my personal motto. When I was day dreaming of caramel apples, I thought of this delicious idea for my next cheesecake and I knew exactly where to get the best caramel for the job! Litehouse Old Fashioned Caramel is a staple in our house. The kids and I love sinking all of our fresh fruit in the perfectly creamy dip!
This caramel apple cheesecake is also inspired by my newly planted apple trees in our backyard. We have two varieties and both are growing rapidly in this mix of rain and heat we’ve been having. I chose one of the cooler, rainy days to bake my cheesecake but I would do it all over again even if it was too hot to bake, This cheesecake is so worth it! I started with a classic graham crust and caramel flavored filling. The inside is layered with paper thin slices of tart apples dusted with brown sugar.
If that wasn’t decadent enough, I tried to mirror a caramel apple by coating it with pecans and additional caramel on top. The caramel apple cheesecake is certainly entertaining worthy or simply enjoyed at home with fellow cheesecake lovers.
Don’t let the long list scare you off this cheesecake. I was able to make it while keeping up with snack demands from my little guy. He can’t resist an apple sliced with some Litehouse caramel!
Today’s post is sponsored by Litehouse Foods. I have received compensation however opinions and photos are my own.
- 1½ cups graham crumbs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 8oz blocks of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Litehouse old fashioned caramel dip
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ tsp flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts
- ¼ cup litehouse caramel, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a 7 inch spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the graham crumbs, sugar and butter until the mixture resembles wet sand. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the cream cheese, sugar, caramel and flour until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract and eggs.
- Thinly slice the apples and toss them together with the flour and brown sugar.
- Pour ⅔ of the filling over the baked crumbs and layer the sliced apples over top. Top with the remaining cheesecake filling and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool the cheesecake and refrigerate until completely chilled. Overnight is best.
- Press the pecans over the top edge and around the side of the cheesecake, leaving a circle on top for the caramel. Warm the caramel dip until pourable. Pour the caramel on the top.
- Slice the cheesecake and serve.